Originally Posted By: Lifter99
Do you really believe the Chehalis system will be open for coho in December? Will the system be closed again starting Dec. 1 to protect wild steelhead? I will bet the rivers will close to all fishing on Dec. 1 again this year.

For some reason, I’ve got higher hopes for December fishing than last year. Just the fact that they’re releasing regulations specific to that month in general is a lot of it. Maybe the argument of lack of wild steelhead in December is finally being heard by the Department.

All that said, I’m very glad they’re reducing the bag limit as the season goes on. Myself and many others had brought this up, both on calls and through email.

If the early Chinook seasons are any indication of overall health of the runs, there may be quite a few Chinook returning to the tribs in a few months. Blew through most of the quota in Marine Area 4. I was only able to make it up once while it was a two fish limit. Had my two Chinook in TEN minutes and it seemed that many others were doing well. LOTS of fish around already. Hopefully Coho follow suit.