So to finish up just what are our options? To be honest they are few but it is possible to craft a season be it a rather diminished one. If we missed Coho escapement in 2020 ( we are still waiting on numbers ) then we are in the GHP 3/5 box outlined previously and the entire NT fisheries will be limited to around 2000 wild impacts. Last years reduced season with this forecast would be 4657 and as you can see it don't work.

If Coho are in 3/5 then logic says we do a full catch and release on wild. I think the hooking mortality numbers would permit the normal Sept 15th start to Nov 31 if we release all wild. I have been advocating a change in how we use closures also. Rather than take out two weeks as was done last year we simply loose days of a week. If we need to reduce 20% then we fish Wen through Sunday and off the water Monday & Tuesday. This would let folks fish and not one group of fishers shoulder the whole load. Jack season stays the same.

If not in the 3/5 box with Coho the NT share 5809 we have some wiggle room . I think a fair solution would be a one fish bag limit Sept 15 to Nov 31, normal Jack fishery. Then if the numbers do not fit we loose days of the week be it one, two whatever it takes.

Chinook numbers have the total wild impacts at 550 and with last years season being C&R looking at this years forecast our impact would be 254 wild. Ain't no wiggle room here guys. Where our Chinook are taken is AK & BC and those numbers are in a previous post. We are in a permeant C&R for Chinook unless something is done about marine fisheries.

Chum numbers are 10624 harvestable are OK and rec impact is modeled at 650 and frankly it is the commercial adjustment if required.

The bay fishery would also be C&R as in recent times and any down time be days of the week ( as outlined prior ) through the season rather a late start or loose two or three weeks in a block as we do now.

Edited by Rivrguy (03/23/21 06:28 AM)