SG I am in total agreement on NT Commercials. Once the courts gave the tribes fishing rights that should have been the end of NT Comm but both WDG & WDF refused to change. In pioneer days the tribal fishers supplied fish to towns and settlers but when canneries came along there was money to be made ( lots of it and canned salmon was marketed as the safe and cheaper alternative to other meets ) so the tribal fisher got shoved out.

The first attempt at a hatchery was down low on the Satsop and I do not know much about it. The second was near what is now Schafer Park and was a Chinook Hatchery with pumped water. The records show one year a transfer of 5 million eggs from the Satsop to the upper Chehalis. Satsop Chinook were back then primarily Summer Chinook and really suffered in the WDF gillnet fisheries to the point it was about run everyone off the water and the Rec fishers had to fight for any opening. The Satsop program was about Broodstocking and rebuilding and stabilizing the East Fork Satsop Chinook run. Nothing in the intent was for a rec fishery as frankly it would be impossible to manage on the Satsop. In the years since it is now AK & BC the are massively over harvesting our Chinook.

One last bit, for everything in the world of harvest in particular the marine fisheries it is Grays Harbor Chinook not Chehalis Humptulips.

Here are the projected 2022 harvest numbers for Grays Harbor. Formatting is a mess but I am a bit busy today but I think you all can put it together. Also remember the QIN are entitled to half of what enters Washington waters.

PRIORS Wild Hatchery Total
SEAK 7,588 4,028 11,617
CANADIAN 3,046 1,588 4,633
SUS NON-TREATY 126 65 191
SUS TREATY 66 35 101

IN-RIVER
TREATY 4,137 1,537 5,673
NON-TREATY 1,088 2,513 3,602

TOTAL TREATY 4,203 1,572 5,774
TOTAL U.S. NON-TREATY 8,803 6,607 15,409