These are the final QIN numbers for the fall fisheries. Several of us always try to guess the run performance through the season so here is my shot at it. We had the largest movement of Coho and Chinook in mid September I have ever seen in the Chehalis. The effect carried through the seasons and yet the tribal numbers for Coho and Chinook came in close to modeled. Chum were a no show for QIN fishers as they showed a little late but the NT nets massively over performed in harvest with 6092 which is a increase of 348% of modeled harvest.

So my guess is Chinook and Coho will outperform the preseason forecast due to so many fish going up early and the Chinook increase percentage of the run over the preseason forecast will be greater than Coho percentage the run increase. Chum will be over forecast but the combined commercial of QIN & NT was modeled at 7881 and ended up 7676 is close to what was modeled. With the several large movements of Chum we have seen my thoughts are the NT nets came in at the front of the Chum run and harvest was up but the run was not near peak so there were a lot of Chum moving. In fact I think the Chum may outperform percentage above forecast than Coho or Chinook. Use the links in my previous post to take a peek yourself.

That's all folks.

Wk 43 ( Oct. 18 / 24 ) Actual Chinook 51 Coho 709 Chum 1309
Modeled Chinook 31 Coho 1796 Chum 2711

Total Season Actual Chinook 1658 Coho 4109 Chum 1588
Modeled Chinook 1793 Coho 4184 Chum 7444