Originally Posted By: Jake Dogfish
Originally Posted By: Tug 3
I haven't been out on So Sound this year, but a friend of mine, a good fisherman, has been doing really well. It's his opinion that this is the best season in many years. Also, another friend has been doing really well on silvers in the ocean out of Westport - nice healthy fish. Maybe the silvers are predominately Columbia River? Satsop has a good prediction, etc. My guess is fall fishing is going to be good.

As runs continue to decline, every year I hear someone say “it’s the best year in a long time”. I think it has a lot to do with technology.

This quote comes to mind.
"A curious thing happens when fish stocks decline: People who aren't aware of the old levels accept the latest ones as normal. Over generations, societies adjust their expectations downward to match prevailing conditions." Kennedy Warne, Nat. Geo. April 2007.

My gramps grew up and lived in Puyallup his whole life through the 20's - 1987 when he passed.
The Puyallup arguably used to be the best Winter Steelhead river in the state. I was fortunate to see the last of that and thought it was good. He did witness 84-85, which was the best I experienced. Even he stated, "close the old days". Other than that, he would tell me. "Not like it used to be". I understand now.