9/05/2022

Fishing report, Chehalis River above Montesano..... I've stayed away from this thinking things would improve but ?????..

No fish, no jack bites, not seeing any fish "jumping or rolling" in areas around the pump houses. Not even seeing many bank fishermen, and for sure not many boats.

I'll start fishing everyday, now that my late summer projects are done. I've fished this area for 40+ years.....I've never remembered a time like this.

Most year the Chinook jacks are 1st in the area to show, not a favorite of mine, then middle of August to December there is normally Coho jacks being caught. September and October are/have been when most jacks are caught. Water levels allow bank fishermen to fish light gear, with good eggs being important.

Gravel movement has "messed up" some of the better jack fishing areas. There will be "close to each other", fishing until the rains bring the water levels up.

Hopefully things will get better fast......I do enjoy smoking and eating Coho jacks. Caught on 10-13 rods, they can be fun.

Hold over tide today, or I'd be long gone by now.......grrrrrrrr

Edited by DrifterWA (09/05/22 10:26 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"