08/08/2022

Originally Posted By: Rivrguy

Hell with the clamor for two Coho limit rather than one it took last two weeks of August and first two weeks of Sept off the table. One fish Coho bag would have given those weeks for Chehalis below Fuller Hill so I guess I lack a lot of sympathy as I want to kill fish crowd cost the tide water fishers a month of fishing.

Sorry, Rivrguy.....There was not a lot of clamor from sports, if you'll remember WDFW said "Model" indicated that the Coho run was larger than expected and that a "2 Coho fish limit, wild or hatchery, could be had in the Chehalis, and ALL THE TRIBUTARIES. Remember meetings were "zoomed", you and I were the only people that spoke. Now what I don't know is how many written comments were sent in.

For the last 2 years, the Tributaries and the Chehalis above South Montesano was a 1 hatchery Coho AND the season opened, for adults, October 1. Many sport fishers were pleased to be able to take hatchery or wild.

Wynoochee River, finally has a legal fishery for Coho. Anyone who knows about the 32 years of mitigation, knows that there have been no hatchery Coho placed in that river.....but year after year the regulation was "release wild Coho", could there have been some "dip in", I suppose but I never caught one.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"