All good points so far but this, it is not about retention but impacts. A dead fish is a dead fish and we burn our Chinook impacts with C&R. Commercials be it tribal or NT burn their impact straight with dead fish and NT Commercials seasons are restricted by no targeted Chinook fisheries per the GH Policy. Given the GHP Chinook restriction, 4/3 limiter on days of the week, daytime only restriction the few Chinook the NT's take are that rather few. As a principle I can see the burn over a couple hundred fish but if you do release mortality being around 8 of the modeled H Chinook 48 encounters so this is about 40 fish. Now I am no fan of nets but in the big picture of all the harvest done this is right down way past minor importance.

Again I get the principle but frankly I find principles fly away with harvest be it tribal, NT Com. or Rec as does fairness. It is that everywhere . Hell with the clamor for two Coho limit rather than one it took last two weeks of August and first two weeks of Sept off the table. One fish Coho bag would have given those weeks for Chehalis below Fuller Hill so I guess I lack a lot of sympathy as I want to kill fish crowd cost the tide water fishers a month of fishing.