Originally Posted By: Rivrguy

Now the fun part. The T day Nov Coho coming in late, could be. Massive movement of Late Coho, could be but there were way to many fish from my seat. Then this, the guys caught Coho in normal ways in normal spots so what were all those fish running slack weed water? Behavior says Chum but in late December on the Chehalis ? So what do you all think ?

Well, as one of the few boats still fishing December 1 - until the BIG RAINS took us off the river.....we had fun!!!!

I killed only hatchery males....had all the eggs, I needed from earlier in the season.....neighbors thought I was the greatest guy, smoked fish, fresh salmon in December.....we did see the "close to the bank moving fish".....I swear they were Chum ....tried for a few days to use "wrapped" Mag lips.....tough to get to work in 2-3 foot of water. Best season I've had in many years.

Where I fish, in the old days, the fish staged in the area.....last 5-6 years, no staged fish, so no jump/rolling fish but if you were in the "right track" and had right stuff...you could get fish.

The fish "staged" up river, never went to that area BUT 100's of fishermen were there......

Thanks WDFW for NOT shutting Chehalis River & tribs. down.....the fish were late....mid Nov - until about December 19/20 but this year they came AND THE water was perfect....

Edited by DrifterWA (01/24/20 12:31 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"