11/11/2022

Well, 19 more days and most of the salmon fishers will be off the rivers and wondering, maybe, what the 2023 season will look like????

WDFW has done away with public "face to face meeting", now its a "Zoom environment" where they have complete control of the meeting and a set agenda. If a public speaker doesn't follow their rules, push a button move on to the next speaker.

NOF is a sham, gone are the days when WDFW, NT and Sports met 4 or 5 times a year to work on items important to the region and to NT and Sports, it just went away.

I expect it was more convenient for WDFW to not have to answer to members of the public and NT netters, many times the sport and NT netters, had the longevity and knowledge to question WDFW, so now we are "treated like sheep" and follow the model.

WDFW can't say they didn't know the "mass of Coho" wasn't coming, they just didn't have a "good plan B" on how to deal with the amount of fish that crossed the bar, and headed up the Chehalis and many of the tributaries. QIN missed them, NT season missed them, sports got lot's of them if you were lucky enough to have a boat or fished the Mall area, the Fireman Hole or the very limited bank access from 101 Bridge to the Satsop.

Chinook numbers low, again, low water that "might" have been a problem????? Many viewed the 45 second video that showed "fish" moving up the river but what was WDFW to do????? Protect Chinook??? How to deal with Coho numbers that overwhelmed the hatcheries........Oh my, what to do, buy lots of toilet paper, get a Plan B, quickly......tough to get a Plan B going, if you don't have a plan, so let's "shut the tributaries down", not a good plan for the bank bound fishers.

1000's of Coho that might have fed sport fishers and their families, will now be surpluses and feed cats and dogs.......grrrrrrrr

"I thought growing older, would take longer"