Yup FF fish do what fish do.

To conservation some numbers for all to chew on. The modeled 2022 anticipated harvest for Chehalis Chinook look like this and this is H&W combined.

Alaska harvest 11617
British Columbia harvest 4637
WA Coast Treaty and Non Treaty marine harvest 291

Terminal returns 14957
QIN harvest 3566
Rec impacts bay inriver 567
Chehalis tribal ( charged to state share ) 257

So what this says is AK & BC Chinook harvest will take more Chehalis Chinook than cross the bar at Westport. The QIN will take a good number with the Chehalis tribe ( which again is charged to the state share ) taking a modest number. The Rec bay predicated impact is 234 with C&R and freshwater inriver is 333 for fresh water C&R impacts or dead fish if you prefer that description.

Soooooo ...... look at these numbers and explain in clear precise english what are the conservation concerns? The Rec lost trebles hooks, barbed hooks and are limited to catch and release mortalities for Chinook. Now we shut down the fresh water river fishers for conservation? Are you kidding me! When WDFW mentions conservation one should NOT blindly except this as being truthful as that definition is designed generate a response driven by by oh my god the poor fish! The reality is the total disdain and bias that WDFW has for fresh water fisheries let alone the bank fisher. This guys is not my opinion but read the numbers above it is simple fact! Conservation my a--!!!!!