Devils advocate time. As dismal as the commercial harvest numbers and tidal Rec season are the hatchery Coho & Chinook broostocking are 400% plus fish on hand above 2018 at the SAME point in time last year. So inland numbers say boom year but tide water say bust and I do not believe either one. One can reasonably assume that the early timed wild component performed the same as the hatchery and all simply cleared tide water weeks early which simply means the missing tide water harvest was way up river before the nets hit the water. Rained early and it screwed the tide water fisheries but inland was great. Until the November rains arrive and the fish hit the spawning reaches it is all a guessing game. Starting in five days NOAA has the upper Chehalis at about two inches over five days. The Olympic tributaries is forecast 3.32 for the same period. It is interesting how things work out.

Oh, all year it has been strange as I have seen few jumpers / rollers as I normally do. Bloody fish have been going right up the river not slowing until this past week at slack fish show along with seals and most of the movement on the incoming tide. In fact upstream the guys fishing will see them coming before they catch one.

Mother nature has a warped sense of humor. Rains early when we do not need it then does not rain when you do need it.

Edited by Rivrguy (11/10/19 12:13 PM)