Well it is a done deal you will see nets 5 days a week and inland above Oakville likely 7 days a week. Simply put staff said that the QIN “aggressive schedule” did not leave any netting time for the NT Commercials. In fact they made a big deal several times that the NT nets got two days less than last year. Frankly I kind of bit my tongue as I and most people could care less about the race or ethnicity of a commercial fisher be it tribal or NT a gillnet is a gillnet. Simply put the two comanagers do not like each other and WDFW has never got over having to deal with the tribe.

From what I witnessed the so-called ZOOM meeting was a world class load of BS! Couple folks atta boys for staff, one objection about the exploitation rate and myself. How many people I have no idea and no model put up to see and understand. Also staff put forth that they were officially counting all Chinook spawning in the gravel in the wild escapement regardless of origin. The meeting will be put up on the agency’s web site so you can listen to it yourself.

What I will say is several staff changes have been out and about for a while. First the present Director came to WDFW, then MR. Warren retired, several jobs in harvest managers division Olympia changed hands in Olympia and Mr. Lossee arrived in Region 6. Wella GH Policy thrown under the bus to chase the abundant Coho. To understand how WDFW and the QIN are managing think no GH Policy and 1978. GH Policy has been tossed; conservation is not a thought unless you fish inriver then staff has concerns but no concerns when you allow nets 5 days a week.