It's been a while since I witnessed a good, old-fashioned dog and pony show, and I am available tonight, so I registered. For those looking for the link, click the link in Rivrguy's post to the NOF page on WDFW's website, then scroll down to the April 6 meeting in the list of events to find the Zoom link.

Anybody have any thoughts at least most of us can get behind, so we can raise them frequently enough to at least annoy the presenters? I personally like the idea of a one-fish (coho) bag, starting Sept. 16 and going until we get shut down to protect the winter run steelhead that aren't there in December.

I'm basically looking for the longest season possible (harvest is about 4th on my list of reasons to go salmon fishing, so one fish is plenty for me). I think we're done fishing Grays Harbor drainages during December, probably for good, because there's no sane reason to expect either the wild steelhead or the late coho to rebound. Also, given the choice between the last 2 weeks of September and the entire month of December, I'm taking September every time, because those 2 weeks are reliably fishable and represent the best weather we get round here all year. In a typical December, we only get a handful of fishable days, and the weather's generally much less nice....

Obviously, I'll gladly accept more, but.... Anybody else have suggestions we would like to have WDFW staff hear and likely ignore?