QIN numbers look disappointing. Their timing hasn't been as great as what it was looking like, so I can imagine lower than expected catch, but with those numbers, paired with what they're seeing in bay, I'd say at least the chinook appear to be underperforming, rather badly.

I fished a different Grays Harbor river two days ago, and I saw what seemed like good numbers of kings. I incidentally tangled with a couple, and they were very bright, so maybe they didn't really get moving until this last rain or something? I guess we'll find out when the QIN posts last week's numbers. I haven't seen a ton of them in the Satsop yet either, which is odd....

Interestingly, I saw a lot of coho moving in the same river, but most of them were blushers or darker, so perhaps not as many fresh coho moving in as I was hoping for?

No chums yet, but they'll probably come with the next rain.

Anyway, I did see what I would call a better than average number of fish for where I was fishing, and that was encouraging. Fish were definitely on the move; I went back yesterday (wanted to fish the Satsop, but it was way too crowded for my liking), and most of the fish had moved on. What was left was a few, mostly dark, non-biting fish. Went 1 for 1 dinky, blushing buck on a small jig. Really illustrates the importance of timing when chasing these fall salmon....