Having had some time to cool off and process through the dregs of yet another fishing season lost, I've realized I said some pretty outrageous stuff in my previous rants. To those who know better or might have been offended, I apologize. I still have concerns about the timing (why now, when the water is finally starting to cool, even if it's still low?) and the fact that it eliminates virtually all opportunity for the bankbound, but I think I'm at least satisfied with the idea the tribs should probably be closed.

The one point I firmly stand by is that leaving the lower river open while we wait for rain, while it does provide needed opportunity, is NOT consistent with any policy designed to help the fish. On that note, if the Tribe DID pull their nets (haven't seen any confirmation yet; guess we'll find out around noon tomorrow), major kudos to them.

One more thing: Just like the rest of you, I
mostly just want to fish. When I find out I can't, I get cranky, and I sometimes go looking for answers that aren't there. Given a day or two to process, I generally even out and come to terms with the decision, no matter how much it sucks.

So who's got an open seat for the river or bay LOL?