well they said no Coho were returning in 2019 and closed it then, the entire season, thats when i started emailing Tara first...

then, which i had eluded to in emails, they met escapement, and opened the river mid October, well a major storm came in and blew the river up over 6k CFS, and the whole run came through in about 3 weeks...

Voights gets a decent return of Coho, even the late wild fish, even after the 2009 floods (river was over 50k CFS in the Alderton area), they still came back just like always...

then, in 2020, we had a stellar Chum year, best i have seen it in over 10 years, Coho as well, i was hooking up to 15 a day at one point...

then, in 2021 they did it again, but changed it at the last minute and opend the river until November 30th..

you can go up past the mouth of the Carbon and fish the little Puyallup until January 15th, but cant touch the Carbon and lower Puyallup.. and there is no retention of anything up there either..

if someone told you it was because of the floods, and the WDFW has listed on their page until 2027 that this is the deal to protect Chinook, that right there tells you all you need to know..

they flat out lied, and caved to the tribes and lobbyists and are taking our fish, and giving them away...

thats the only explanation that i have for why they would do that... Coho arent Chinook, so whats the deal with protecting Coho and not Chinook?