Originally Posted By: bobrr
Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Originally Posted By: bobrr
Originally Posted By: Carcassman
The thing that concerns me with discussion of the 3/5 box is "Mighty lean harvest" as the place to start. In my simple mind, you rebuild the runs to above the goals and when that happens you harvest. For too long the game has been (and I was a very involved player) to catch as many fish as the paper says are available and hope the escapement results are good. I would like to see the priorities switched.

As a former employee and apologist for the wdfw I am not surprised at your position.

I truly feel bad for Melanie. You’re a petulant old fool, Bobrr. I wish nothing but the worst for you.

I am not surprised at that last bit,, the dark side being wiped must have really bothered you, most of your posts were there, that shows me who you are. All I did was tell someone that I thought that they sucked up to the state being a former employee. Personally I'd be embarrassed to being part of the shuck and jive game the state has been feeding us all these years. Funny about lack of responsibility for Willapa Bay not being discussed in this context. Or Puget Sound anglers being screwed over in favor of tribal interests. Anyone who believes the state has concern for either the rec. fisherman or the status of the fish runs is the fool. The def. of petulant includes "bad tempered". Anyone who isn't bad tempered about the state's position on tribal rights, litigation, or conservation is a fool. Notice I haven't called anyone in particular a "petulant old fool", if I wanted to call people names or display homophobic, racist, misogynistic tendencies I would post them on the "dark side". Oh, that's right, folks like you got that shut down, And rightfully so.

Melanie here: you can feel bad for me but please feel bad in the proper way, feel bad since the State Of Washington doesn't care about rec fishers, me included. Feel bad because the dept of F&W doesn't protect the fish too. Feel glad since they are protecting THEIR interests of litigation, which will save us $.

TLDR; to be very honest. It’s like climate change or recycling, you can only do so much, grassroots uprising change is important in politics
but won’t equal to more fish at least in the short term. Keep being you, babbrr, even if Melanie is your Eleanor Roosevelt side and put on your high heels while you tie some leaders.