The first GH Adviser meeting is Thursday the 5th and here is the e mail from Steve with details. Please look to the location change as it will be held in a different location.

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for the tardiness of this notice. Here is an update on the Grays Harbor and Willapa Bay North of Falcon process. First, we have decided to postpone the Willapa Bay meetings. We are hopeful that the Fish and Wildlife Commission will provide some interim guidance for planning the 2015 Season at the April Commission meeting. Therefore it doesn’t make sense to spend significant time working on conservation measures and seasons that may get upturned after that interim guidance is issued.

Second, we have found a better location for the Advisory Group meeting this Thursday, March 5th. The meeting will be at the Montesano High School Commons, 303 N Church St, Montesano, WA 98563. The meeting will be from 6-9 pm and the public will have an opportunity to provide comments at the end.

I note that we have a tentative Advisory group meeting that also needs a location, I’ll be getting that out as soon as possible.
I would appreciate your assistance spreading the word about these 2 updates.

Thank you.

• March 5: Grays Harbor Advisor Meeting with Public Comment –Montesano High School – Commons, 303 North Church Montesano, WA 98563, 6-9 pm.
• March 11: Grays Harbor Public Workshop – Montesano City Hall. 6-9 pm.
• March 17: Set Aside for Potential Grays Harbor Advisor Meeting with Public Comment, Montesano Public Library, 125 Main St. S
Montesano, 6-9 pm.
• March 26: Grays Harbor Public Workshop – Montesano City Hall. 6-9 pm.

Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:23 PM
Subject: 2015 Grays Harbor and Willapa Bay North of Falcon Meeting Schedules

Hi Everyone,

Here is a schedule of 2015 North of Falcon meetings for Grays Harbor and Willapa Bay. I’ve got a couple of tentative meetings in there that may or may not happen, and another that we are trying to find a larger venue. Remember that there is a webpage specifically for North of Falcon meetings and other information here: http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/northfalcon/. It should soon be updated with this Grays Harbor and Willapa Bay schedule.

Appointments for Grays Harbor Advisors ended at the end of last year and we have made some new appointments and lost some old advisors. I plan to have an orientation and “meet and greet” so the new and returning Grays Harbor Advisors can get to know each other. It will be next Wednesday evening at the Montesano office. We will not be conducting any North of Falcon business at the meeting and I’m requesting that folks that aren’t advisors save their time and efforts for future meetings.

Finally, at the February Fish and Wildlife Commission meeting, the Commission decided to not make a decision on a Willapa Bay Salmon Policy until June at the earliest. This leaves us in a bit of a conundrum as to direction for 2015 pre-season planning. We will be seeking some guidance from the Commission, but at this time I don’t know how or when that might be provided. Stay tuned on that issue.

Cheers.

Steve Thiesfeld
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
Region 6 Fish Program Manager
48 Devonshire Road, Montesano, WA 98563
Steven.Thiesfeld@dfw.wa.gov
360-249-1201