Originally Posted By: ronnie

Am I not reading it right, because I don't read what happens between South Elma bridge and Porter. Is it closed or should the line say from South Elma bridge to the high bridge instead of from Porter?

Ron:

Here is what I have: April 2, 2019

Chehalis River

Lower River(South Elma Bridge) August 1, ---- September 15....This is a fought for "jack fishery".

Lower River(Porter Bridge to 101 Bridge) Sept. 16 - Dec. 31....This is the normal opening...… Yes I know there were years where adult Coho were allow before this date...… but its not going to happen this year....what we have is a fishery that many enjoy, allow to Dec. 31

Upper River(Porter Bridge upstream) Oct 1 -- Dec 31, covers all the plants in upper basin.

Bottom line....2018, above S. Monty....We lost Sept 16 - Sept 30, only jacks and hatchery Coho, AND the season ended Nov 30.

For those of us that enjoy the Chehalis River fishery, this is a much better season than 2018......yea, I know, Chinook have to be released BUT that is true of all the tributaries that flow into the Chehalis.

Oh, to answer YOUR question, if a person likes to fish between Porter bridge and South Elma bridge....Sept. 16 - Dec. 31 covers that.

Edited by DrifterWA (04/15/19 10:00 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"