Update time, Jack fishing has been spotty either really good or really bad from my spot in the cheap seats. Seeing more fish all the time as one should just not many Coho of any size. Water temp is hanging out a little above or below 64 degrees very clear. Should get the murky spots in the tide once we are done with this set of shallow tides.

Now for something totally different. A couple of days back while fishing George came by and we chatted a bit. Then this he was fishing a mile or so above and he said ( with a straight face ) that as he was fishing the river erupted with sturgeon coming out of the water everywhere and some huge guys in the mix and he had never seen that before. Not sturgeon doing the rise and falling like a tree but that many of them. George has been fishing this river longer than most of us have been alive so it had to be something to see. Nothing when I headed back to the dock.

Well yesterday I fished a bit but decided to move upstream a bit and stopped to mess with my Lowrance settings and all of a sudden one hell of a splash right next to my boat. I could not figure what had hit the water and was busy making sure nothing was wrong then it happened. Sturgeon from a couple of real monsters to five / six footers plus a assortment smaller guys doing the straight up rise and just falling over like a tree. Now I know what George was talking about and I am with him, I have never seen Sturgeon in the numbers do that. One or two here there yes but damn this was much more than that by a mile. I am with George on this it was pretty amazing to see! As I said before the river is happy and everything from birds to bears are doing well and evidently fish also. No idea at all on what's up.

The usual warning, watch out for dead heads there are several new guys between Friends Landing and the Muck and they disappear toward high tide. Nothing to mess with guys so be aware of your surroundings and take care.

Little edit: Far more than usual seal bites on released fish. Most I have seen were in the back 30% of the body which usually means they were swimming like all dickens with Mr. Seal in hot pursuit. Presumably a Beaufort T Justice moment!