Gee. Go figure. No money to be made, so they don't fish, and as a result, they don't catch a lot of fish... Price was through the floor why? Perhaps because ocean fisheries flooded the markets with the vast majority of an at least decent run before the gillnet season started?

For sure, those commercial numbers are disappointing, even in light of the reduced effort. I think they missed a lot of early fish before they started fishing this season (that early rain that made me so happy), but even with that, it seems like the runs are underperforming. I really don't have a problem with the reduced limits; I'm always in favor of more fish for the gravel. I do think it's a bit of dirty pool to make a conscious decision not to put in full effort, then force our side to reduce ours as well, but it's probably for the best. I'm just glad we didn't get shut down the second the QIN announced their decision to stop fishing. Just being allowed to be out there keeps me happy these days, even if the fishing isn't always great.