Some had questions on why the GH & Willapa Rec seasons were not in the NOF so below is Steve's response to the question.

With the delay on Willapa, we had to do them separately. Hopefully she will be getting out soon.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

Hey,

I am being bombarded by folks wanting to know why GH & Willapa Rec seasons worked out in the local NOF are not in the CR 102 Ashbook sent out for comment below. Could you enlighten me so I can let folks know?

Dave

From: Ashbrook, Charmane E (DFW) [mailto:Charmane.Ashbrook@dfw.wa.gov]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 3:24 PM
To: Ashbrook, Charmane E (DFW)
Subject: Recreational Salmon Fishing Rule Process: Public hearing, CR-102 Filing, & How to receive future information

Good Afternoon,

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife is proposing rule changes for recreational salmon fishing. The agency developed these changes through a pre-season planning process known as “North of Falcon” that includes a series of public meetings with federal, state, tribal and industry representatives and other concerned citizens. Rules based on the North of Falcon planning process change from year to year to reflect resource availability and achieve conservation goals.

The CR-102 and proposed WAC can be viewed and downloaded at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/development.html.

In accordance with RCW 34.05.320, a public hearing will be held on Wednesday, June 9, 2015, at 9:00 a.m., at the Natural Resources Building, Room 682, 1111 Washington St., SE, Olympia, WA, 98504.

Please also be aware that to reduce paper and associated costs, from now on this information will be provided through email and public news release. To continue receiving this information, please sign up at this website, http://wdfw.wa.gov/lists/, and select “WDFW Regulation Updates.” The public news release will continue to provide contact information for those that need a hard copy.

In case you are unable to or do not wish to attend the public hearing, you may submit written comments to me, Charmane Ashbrook, as shown below. WDFW must receive comments by June 9, 2015. For an electronic or printed copy of the proposed rules, please email me at Charmane.Ashbrook@dfw.wa.gov or call me at 360-586-0734.

Charmane Ashbrook
600 Capitol Way N.
Olympia, WA 98501-1091
via e-mail at Charmane.Ashbrook@dfw.wa.gov
via fax at (360) 902-2183.