Originally Posted By: Krijack
I know nothing about this process, but I am trying to understand what the impact of this statement is >>>>>> We will be limited by a provision in the Grays Harbor Policy that if we fail to make escapement 3 out of 5 years non treaty harvest is limited to an impact of 5% of the returning run. ( known as the Penalty Box )>>>>

Is this limited to non-treaty harvest and if so, what provisions are in place to guarantee that if the run comes in strong the tribes will not take the extra.
Let's just say that the run comes in and there is 20% impact that could be taken. Does the tribe get the entire 15% with no penalty while we are restricted to 5%. Or do they get 50% of the impact regardless. From what I have seen about tribal harvest, they can take a huge number of fish given the right conditions. So if a big run comes in and they have a scheduled fishery for so many days, which is supposed to equal a 50%, what is to stop them from taking most or all of the extra fish before they tally their numbers.

Great questions, I'd like to know this also.