Well just when you think things are moving along you get a ringer. Guess what guys? WDF&W violated the three net free day rule in the Chehalis. I have spoken to Region 6 (R6 ) Manager Steve Theisfeld and he immediately accepted responsibility or fell on the sword if you will. That Mr. Theisfeld has staff issues is well known but frankly it is the fact that it even happened that is so offensive. It simply shows that inside Region 6 District 17 we have a long way to go to get a group of individuals that actually follow rules and direction. The issue was missed because R6 provided the combined schedules in the model then changed the schedule in the CR 103 without saying a bloody word to anyone. So much for trust.

Oh yeah almost forgot I did not catch the screw up but rather figured out the details. Credit the inriver fishers stuck behind 6 & seven days a week gillnets in past years. They count and it was not adding up and they started yipping away! Good job guys.

From the GHMP:

Page 3 Item 8
Recreational and WFDW-managed commercial fisheries shall be structured (e.g., schedule, location, gear) to minimize gear and other fishery conflicts. WDFW-managed commercial gillnet fisheries in a fishing area or aggregate area (i.e., Area 2A/2B/2D; or Area 2C) shall be scheduled, if possible, so that in any given calendar week there are a minimum of three consecutive days when no treaty or state-managed commercial fisheries occur. If the treaty fishery occurs 4 or more days in a calendar week, no WDFW-managed commercial fishery shall occur in the remaining days of the week

Edited by Rivrguy (10/26/14 08:58 AM)