03/26/2021

bobrr:

You are just like many others, if you can't fish the fish YOU want to fish, then shut the rivers down.

There are fish, that YOU might not like to fish But many others enjoy the sport and table fare fresh and they are great smoked.......Jacks, Coho jacks.

Every year for the past 6 or 7 years, I go to all the NOF meetings.....listen to the fighting between NT and sports about how to divide the season, who gets what when and where.....I always stick around until the last part of the meetings just to get my say on "jacks", has it done any good????? Well, there doesn't seem to be a problem for those that enjoy "the catching".

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but it is a ACTIVE FISHERY for those of us that enjoy it.

Bobrr...sorry your season in the Chehalis was bad.....you and Melanie might have to "change how and where you fish", one of the best years I've ever had.

Oh by the way, many of the people I've met during the fishing season on the Chehalis, were 1st met jack fishing.....more than 40+ years, many still show every year, some are fishing in the "big river in Heaven"...... I'll be there soon enough!!!!!!

Edited by DrifterWA (03/26/21 09:36 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"