Originally Posted By: RUNnGUN
Originally Posted By: bobrr

As people who fish more in the actual salt rather then the river these days I will say that I totally agree. I would rather have a shorter and tighter limited season on the salt if projections are falling short rather then penalize river fishers later on in the season. Only fair and reasonable. Of course, some larger boat owners may disagree. Bob and Melanie

Originally Posted By: RUNnGuN
Seems propping up whats left of any charter/sport ocean fishery along w/ any NT and tribal ocean commercial fishery is more important than anything else? When will the ocean/salt get a total shut down to find out what returns truly could occur in river? Just curious?

[Quote=BobR]If ALL (Alaska, Canada, rest of U.S.) fishing was shut down for 4 years I would agree with this, since that would be fair and everyone (except the fish) would suffer to benefit the runs. Since this ain't going to happen any suggestion that ocean fishing be shut down while other fisheries are allowed would result in some really nasty in-fighting. If you really want to turn fishermen against each other this is certainly the ticket! Either we fish together or we all sit at the dock together! Civil war otherwise. Bob R

Edited by bobrr (12/09/19 07:44 AM)