OK folks this is from Region 6 / Mike and is what will be filed for the CR 102 for the 2016 season WAC. More later but digest this first.

Hi All,

Attached is a summary of the proposed salmon fishing package for GH and the associated planning model. We hope to have the CR 102s filed this week. If that doesn’t happen, the next filing date is May 18th. The planning model was updated from the last model I sent with the most recent Coho FRAM run. Changes to ocean fisheries resulted in a few more Coho crossing the bar, but no changes to the fisheries.

There has been some concern that the model has issues. I am available to meet with anyone to discuss any model issues you have.

Thank you all for helping during this tuff year.

Mike

2016 Grays Harbor Fall Non-Treaty Terminal Area Planning Model
2016 Runsize with 2016 Public proposal, Preliminary and Subject to Change 032416
Model Run Description Preseason planning 03/24/2016
PFMC Option # 2
FRAM Run # 1617

Fishery Description
Sport
Marine 2.2 Dates Bag Limit
Area 2D only Oct 1-Nov 30 1 Adult bag: release wild Chinook
Area 2C only Aug 1 - Sept 24 2 adults, release wild oho.

Chehalis River Mouth to Hwy 6 April 16 - June 30 1 Adult bag:
Chehalis River Mouth to Porter Aug 1-Sept 15 : Release adult salmon
Sept 16-Jan 31 1 Adult bag: Release wild Chinook and wild Coho

Chehalis River Porter up to High Bridge Sept 16-Jan 31 1 Adult bag: Release wild Chinook and wild Coho
0 0
Hwy 6 to high bridge

Hoquiam Closed 0

Wishkah Oct 1-Dec 31 1 Adult bag: release Chinook and wild Coho

Wynoochee Oct 1-Nov 30 1 Adult bag: Release Chinook and wild Coho

Satsop Sept 16-Dec 31 1 Adult bag: Release wild Chinook and wild Coho
0 0

Black River Closed 0

Skookumchuck Oct. 1-Dec 31 1 Adult bag: release Chinook and wild Coho

Newaukum Oct. 1-Dec 31 1 Adult bag: release Chinook and wild Coho

Elk and Johns Closed 0

Humptulips River FW Sept. 1-Sept 30 2 Adult bag: 1 may be a wild Chinook, release wild Coho
Oct 1-Nov 15 2 Adult bag: 1 may be a Chinook, release wild Coho
Nov 16-Jan 31 1 Adult bag: release Chinook and wild Coho
Commercial Dates # days Details
Area 2A/2D Oct 24,25, and 26 3 7:00am to 7:00pm 12 hr days, live boxes, short soak, release wild Chinook

Area 2C Oct 17 and 18 2 6:30am to 10:30pm 16 hr days, live boxes, short soak, release wild Coho
Oct 30 and 31 2 7:00am to 7:00pm 12 hr days, live boxes, short soak, release wild Coho
Hi All,

Attached is a summary of the proposed salmon fishing package for GH and the associated planning model. We hope to have the CR 102s filed this week. If that doesn’t happen, the next filing date is May 18th. The planning model was updated from the last model I sent with the most recent Coho FRAM run. Changes to ocean fisheries resulted in a few more Coho crossing the bar, but no changes to the fisheries.

There has been some concern that the model has issues. I am available to meet with anyone to discuss any model issues you have.

Thank you all for helping during this tuff year.